A9G GSM/GPRS/GPS module by Ai-thinker is an integrated IoT solution that supports dual band GSM/GPRS network and at the same time It has an embedded GPS module. If your project involves both GSM and GPS module then the A9G GSM GPS is a good choice.
The board features compact size and low current consumption. With power saving capabilities, the current consumption is as low as 3mA in sleep mode. It communicates with microcontroller via UART port supports AT commands.
The A9G by default comes with a bootloader or firmware and hence it can be controlled using AT commands through Arduino, ESP8266, and Raspberry Pi as well. It can be used to connect modules such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi to the internet and can be used in a wide range of IoT applications and is ideal for IoT applications for home automation, industrial wireless control, wearable electronics, wireless location sensing devices, wireless location system signals, and other IoT applications.
- Connect usb-ttl with 4 wires when debugging, VUSB-5V; GND-GND; AT_TX-RX; AT_RX-TX
- Or power supply by USB, then connect another three lines, GND-GND; AT_TX-RX; AT_RX-TX
- Or power by lithium battery, VBAT-(3.3v-4.2) V; GND-GND; AT_TX-RX; AT_RX-TX; (VBAT power supply, need to press power_key button for about 2s)
- A9G development board can be powered by USB or lithium battery.
- It does not require any operation when powered 1-2s.
- Please press the Rst_Key button to reset.
- The module enters AT command mode by default.